Saturday, June 21, 2008

It's the Simple Things

As time allowed (while Sabin napped) I worked on curtains. This is a project that I began a couple of months ago, but then had to shelve it as other projects took precedence. I had only been able to finish the valence before setting it aside. We have a big window in the living room which looks out onto the street. From outside you can see into our whole main living area. This bothers me when it is dark outside. Currently we have makeshift curtains hanging. I have been anxious to get the new window treatments finished. The window is divided into three sections and so I am making three Roman Shades to hang below a five piece handkerchief valence. As I mentioned the valence has been complete and hanging. Today I finished the two smaller side shades. I plan to finish the large center shade this coming week.
This afternoon, Sabin and I went to the mall to pick up his pictures. (Absolutely adorable!) After leaving JC Penney we spent some time checking out the sites. We visited the pet store where Sabin ran back and forth in front of the windows calling "Puppy! Puppy! in his high pitched way." Sabin gets such a kick out of the escalator and before we left the mall we had ridden it eight, yes 8, times. But I really didn't mind. I love the way he is fascinated by the simple things. Long before I'm ready he won't ask. "One more time, mommy." Instead he'll be asking to go off without me. I thought of this as I was ready to tell him we were done, and we road one more time in honor of those thoughts. We stopped by the pet store for one last look before heading home.
This evening Joe and Jordan arrived home from fishing about the time we got there. We had hamburgers on the grill along with various fruits and veggies. Sabin enjoyed some avocado, tomato and cantaloupe.

No comments:

Post a Comment