This a picture of the fish Joe caught last Saturday.
He was very excited about it. No, we didn't eat fish for dinner. Joe enjoys fishing and catching; he also enjoys releasing. So the fish gets to live to be caught again.A dear friend of mine came for lunch today. I had not seen her in almost three years and was only recently able to get back in touch with her. Catching her up reminded me that "Wow! A lot has happened during that short time. Three years ago, I was blissfully single and thought I would be staying that way for quite some time to come. Ha! I had no idea that in 36 months I would be a wife and mama to a toddler, have chickens, dogs (poodles nonetheless) not to mention no longer living in an apartment. I am truly thankful for the way God works. It's been a beautiful ride.
For lunch we had a delicious salad. I am so delighted to share the fresh lettuce from our garden. I especially enjoy adding various nuts and seeds to it along with fruit. Today it was sunflower seeds, crushed cashews, and bananas. We also had tuna fish salad with an array of orange, yellow, and red bell peppers on whole wheat bread and a bowl of cantaloupe.
I really enjoy playing the hostess. It is great fun for me to have company. I have a goal right now to have someone over at least once a month. I suppose that may not sound like a very big goal, but it is a great deal to me. Hostessing is still new to me, and at this point it does come with a good deal of stress. However, with each time company comes and goes I am more at ease. I used to think being a good hostess was a gift, but I am learning that it is a learned skill. And with practice I think I am learning. It's fun.
It is quite toasty out today. We are hiding inside while Sabin naps. We did spend some time outdoors in the shade before Sabin's nap. Him playing in his little tub and me with fudge-cicle in hand. No I did not share it. But I would have if Sabin had only asked. Fortunately for me he was blissfully happy trying to drink from the hose, so I was able to enjoy my chilly chocolate treat all to myself.
Peacefully Buzzing,
Misty
No comments:
Post a Comment