Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Loving Like Jesus

I awoke too early this morning, listening to the sounds of gentle breathing all around me. I could not fall back to sleep. I thought about my family: my children, my husband, my life. What am I really doing for Jesus? My mind tossed the question around. My spirit has felt stale of late. I prayed to God, asking for wisdom, wondering where I could get direction and encouragement. Yes, His Word. Of course His Word. But sometimes, in my less-than-holy-life, I wonder where to turn there. And that too seems dry.

Finally, I crawled from bed as the sky was changing from black to blue. My early bird would soon arise. Snuggled in the livingroom, under the light of the Christmas tree, I turned on the computer. I was thinking about a blog that a friend recently shared with me. Maybe there would be a crumb for me there. God is so gracious. There. Just a few posts down. Exactly what I needed. The author wrote of being the example of Jesus in my home. She wrote of being love to my children and how that would look if I looked like Jesus.

This day I am encouraged. I feel as though I have had a long drink from the most refreshing pool. Somehow being sweet and patient and training in love came easier today. Truly the children behaved better, were more eager to please their cheerful mama. My day has been a delight. I am anxious to do it all again tomorrow.

Also, I have a springboard for studying again. A search to know the Saviour better that I might be more like Him in the moment to moment. I long to be that in my home.

Peacefully BuZzInG,
Misty
Sweet Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment