Saturday, December 3, 2011

A Cookie Baking Day

Little man wanted to make cookies while Chloё napped. We've been talking about measuring ingredients and he is still trying to figure out why we fill a "half cup all the way full".

Because I often come back to these posts, I like to add tidbits of how and what they are learning. We have not worked on letters (other than an S and C) nor have we taught any addition/subtraction - well at least not on purpose. I fully intend on delaying all formal and even semi-formal lessons for at least a year or two yet. This said, I found it particularly interesting that while I pulled ingredients out of the cupboard, my little man sang, "1 and 1 is 2. 2 and 2 is 4. 3 and 3 is ... uhhh... 6. 4 and 4 is.... What is 4 and 4, Mama?" I told him the answer was 8.

He does really like numbers. A few months back he figured out a substraction problem in order to figure out how many buttons he could keep after giving me what I needed. I was delightfully surprised.

Anyway, back to the cookies. Sabin's favorite are oatmeal cookies with "everything in them". Which means he likes to add cinnamon, raisins, walnuts, and 3 kinds of chips: chocolate, white, and butterscotch.
 He's getting really good at cracking eggs. Not even the tiniest piece of shell.
The cookies are delicious.
Peacefully BuZzInG,
Misty

No comments:

Post a Comment