Instead the children and I popped coconut popcorn and made up a large fruit tray with yogurt dip and prepared for Advent.
They made the candle holders and we talked a bit about Jesus being the light in the darkness.
Our Advent will be similar to last year. We will be putting up the children's nativity one day at a time, using a story written by Noël Piper. We will also have a paper chain to count off the days. We've used a chain to mark off other things and Sabin really enjoys the visual.
This year I plan to add Ann Voskamp's Jesse Tree Devotional --just the Bible stories and ornaments for a tree, in order to keep it simple.
What will you be doing to truly enjoy this season?
Peacefully BuZzInG,
Misty
I recognize that idea! We had so much fun with making our candle holders last year.
ReplyDeletePhyllis you always have such lovely ideas!
ReplyDelete