I sat in a chair carefully unwrapping each piece of the Nativity and placing them one by one on the table. Sabin stood bright-eyed waiting. He was looking for the baby Jesus. But Jesus never came. With the tiny babe hidden from sight, I told my little man how there would be no baby today. I told him that people waited and waited for the Saviour to come and that we would be waiting too.
Sabin was not satisfied, telling me again and again that baby Jesus should be there and that he was missing. "Where is baby Jesus?" He demanded. I played a bit naive, repeating what I had said about the waiting until the matter was finally dropped. Throughout the season, I plan to tell stories of those who awaited the arrival of the Messiah. It will be so exciting to see his face come Christmas morning when the manger is no longer empty.
Chloё came over to see what the fuss was about. She didn't understand who all the people were and kept asking me to repeat their names. She's heard the story before, but never with such lovely figurines. So I told her the story with all the enthusiasm I could muster. The little Princess and her brother stood staring wide-eyed, listening to the tale. The more they stared in wonder the more excited I was in the telling. It was like Chloё had never heard any of it before. And even Sabin, who could probably tell me the story, stood fascinated.
I'm still working out a few details of our Advent season, I'm hoping to share more of our plans with you tomorrow.
I am so looking forward to this season.
Peacefully BuZzInG,
Misty
No comments:
Post a Comment