This week we are taking a break from school. All of a sudden we went from plodding with slow but steady tread to ... well... I was still plodding, but not so steady and I was dragging everyone else behind me. Feeling quite confused by it all, I called up a dear friend of mine and poured my messy heart out. Would you believe that woman recommended we take a break?! A break?? I've been doing everything I can think of to pull us all through and her advise was to come to an almost complete standstill, to rest.
I decided that we would take the next 10 days off and begin again on Tuesday. Well, someone (ahem) forgot to consider that our break would end two
days after Day Light Savings began. Oy. We are now 4 days in and
absolutely no closer to recognizing the change. So here we are taking a
few more days of slow and easy before returning to our
regular school schedule.
We didn't go on vacation. Things are still happening here. We all are continuing are morning routine. Some chores have been taught and traded up. We're reading together for just 15 minutes at the time when we would usually begin school. We are working on some projects together and also playing together. What has helped me the most is that I've taken some time to de-clutter and re-organize some areas that were badly needing it. And I've taken some time to really think.
Some how I've been forgetting to educate my children as persons. These sweet darlings had become something else that I needed to check off my list. And I was getting frustrated that filling their hearts and minds wasn't quite as simple as filling my washing machine. And so we back up. I back off. We find joy.
Peacefully BuZzInG!
Misty
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment