Sunday, April 3, 2016

Finally everyone is on the mend today. All but the youngest of the young have been showered. The house..... didn't fair so well. I wonder if there is a Guinness World Record for dirty laundry mountains? I wouldn't win it. In part because I just would never get it all into one pile. But I am wondering about it today.... (Mason is on his way into the bath as soon as Morgan is down for a nap. Sometimes they nap together. Sometimes they don't.)

It was a long rough week of sickness. And yet.... maybe not so rough. Continually on my mind is this perspective thing. What am I thankful for? What am I savoring? What might I be milking? (ahem)

Here is what I learned (or re-learned) this week:
- It is actually possible to assist three small pukers at once. This is a lesson I could have done without. But I'm thankful that I was not sick during this episode. Mama crashed a day later.

- Sunshine is always good for the soul and sometimes a bit of hard work can hope a person (child) make better choices.

- Everyone needs something to think about, something to do and something to love. Even during sick weeks. And the TV doesn't do much for providing any of this. (It may actually inhibit this significantly.)

- We actually really do enjoy poetry together. Mama's attitude makes a BIG difference.

- Sometimes it's the little lessons that are really the big lessons.

- We love audio books. And picture books. And snuggles under cozy blankets.

- It's ok good for Mama to take time to paint a crocus or read a mama-book even though the laundry is piled high and the floors are covered in dirt. Sometimes the painting or the book is even more important. gasp.

Peacefully BuZzInG!
Misty

No comments:

Post a Comment