At 11:40am on Wednesday, February 15th our family welcomed this healthy "Little Mister" into our home and hearts! He weighed in at 7 lbs and 14 oz and is 19 and 3/4 inches long.
We delivered him at home in the water using a large tub set up in our livingroom. I loved having my children around for the birth. And they were wonderful helpers - making sure I was doing well, giving kisses, rubbing my back. Sabin was especially helpful wherever he could find a job and Chloё continued to check in and make sure I was doing okay. Many times she came to me to show her love and concern.The midwives were wonderful with including my littles. Both children even got a turn in the tub. My dear friend, Kim, was a huge support and was on hand for whatever the children might need. One of my favorite parts was hearing the happy giggles while I labored. Our baby was born into the hands of his own mama (which leaves me feeling a bit like a super-woman).
Joey is holding down the fort this week: cooking meals, taking care of the children, and even managing laundry while I rest up and fall in love with our new baby. He is always such an amazing man. And I am again reminded of my great love for him.
"Little Mister" is yet un-named. Well, most often he is called "Baby". We are working on it though. :)
Peacefully BuZzInG,
Misty
He's beautiful! And he really looks like his older siblings. Home births are so wonderful.
ReplyDeleteSo happy for you Misty! He is such a handsome little man!
ReplyDeleteLove You...Marsha