Just for "fun" I recently picked up a toaster at a thrift shop. Sabin really enjoys using tools and he is beginning to wonder how things work. I thought this would be fun for him. Mostly I just watched. A couple of times I started to share my own observations (I had never seen a toaster in pieces before), but then I would stop myself. I tried hard to only ask a few simple questions that would encourage him to look closer.
His favorite part was making the toaster pop up using his finger instead of the button. He also liked toasting a slice of bread while the toaster was open and he could see it glow red hot.
When he was finished we re-assembled it and put it away in the basement for the next time. I'm certain he will want to do that again.
Peacefully BuZzInG!
Misty
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment