This is our second year of celebrating Advent. Admittedly, last year was a bit of a flop. I plans were too great and with Joey out of town for much of it....
Anyway, this year I am keeping it super, super simple. Last month I purchased this and this from amazon.com. Ok if you don't want to check out the links... it's two parts of a Fisher Price Little People Nativity Set. These two sets, plus a cow and a chicken from the farm set we already owned and a picture of angels will give me the 25 pieces to tell a story written by Noel Piper which she mentions in her little book Treasuring God in Our Traditions, available FREE here. (Fabulous book by the way!) Months ago, I emailed the people at http://www.desiringgod.org/ and they sent this little story free of charge.
Allllll that to say, this is a wonderful and simple way to prepare for Christmas and help keep the focus on the Saviour. If you have a nativity set, you can make up you own story according to the number of pieces in your own set.
Peacefully Buzzing,
Misty
Friday, December 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment